Peak School’s latest newsletter is available to read now. Find out the latest news around the school and upcoming events.
Wow, what a term it has been for our children. Looking back on the term the children have been involved in the following;
- Chinese Week celebrations including all trips and special guests
- Book week and working with authors before, during and after the week itself
- Upper School or Lower School Sports Day
- 27 Year 6’s – week long Beijing Trip
- Year 3 and 4 – Art Basel Trip
- PTA Art Auction and School Gallery Walk (raised $200,000)
- Different classes working with Professor Peter Sullivan (Maths), Kath Murdoch (inquiry) and Kristy Elliot (circle time)
- Tag Rugby Tournament
- Hockey Tournament
- Unicef, NGOs and experts (parents) sharing their experiences and knowledge with our children
- Year 6 – Agents of Change Conference
- Year 6 – Science Fair
- Chinese Dancers performing at the ESF 50th Anniversary Chinese Celebration
- Year 4 – Horrible Histories APA visit
- 50 runners and 10 x Football/Netball players at the ESF 50th Anniversary – Primary Schools Sports Day
- 50 Members of the Senior Choir singing at the ESF 50th Anniversary Choral Concert
- Gecko Maths for selected students (Maths problem solving)
- Year 1 and 2 weekly upper body exercises
- Jurassic Garage – (exotic animals) – Year 2
- Participated in the Hong Kong Flower Show (won second place )
- Year 2 Trip to Botanical Gardens
- Year 5 ‘Science Alive’ workshop (British Council)
- Year 3 – Art Exhibition
That is a lot to fit in during an 11 week term! And of course we also covered all the areas of the curriculum on a daily basis. It is now time for us to take a breath and we look forward to working with you all after the Easter holiday. Wishing you all a happy and safe Easter break.
Thank you as always for your ongoing support.
Key Dates in Term 3
Message from the PTA
We have two final events for the year. Please save these dates:
- Dance-a-thon 24 May 3:15 pm
- Peak School Has Talent 16 June
We wish everyone a very happy holiday!
Victoria and Ildi
Message from the PTA Administrator
School Bus – Notification of Changes
If your child(ren) has either a change in travel plans or enrolled in after school activities in Term 3 (Apr-June 2017)…..and WILL NOT BE travelling home on the bus, you need to inform by April (before school start on 18th April) in writing via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Your child’s name and class no.
- Who is picking up after activities
- Which Activities & name of the organization
- Commence date and finish date
- All parents are responsible to inform the school of any change before 12:00 noon on the day.
- Please remind your child(ren) of the change in travel plans and ensure your child(ren) understands.
- All messages will copy to class teacher and bus mother, please ensure you have notify us before 12:00noon.
For further queries on the above please do not hesitate to contact Jackie at the PTA office either by phone: 2849 8376 or by email: email@example.com
May this Easter bring you all together for a great celebration filled with lots of joy, happiness and of course chocolate!
Y6 Exhibition Action Week
Our Y6 students are right in the middle of their PYP Exhibition and some groups have begun taking action. I hope you will be able to support the different exhibition groups! Action Week begins on the week of 24 April so expect to hear more from the Y6s on the week we get back from Easter Break.
Action from Fashion Loop Group
The Fashion Loop Group is organising a clothes drive. They are inviting families to send in old clothes and they plan to use these to design new clothes. There is a collection box by the blue couches where children can drop off the old clothes. Collection will begin on 18 April.
Discovery Dome at Peak School
To strengthen the learning of science concepts at Peak School, we have invited Mr. Lorne Ali to bring his Discovery Dome to Peak School when we return after the Easter Break. Mr. Ali has prepared different learning experiences for each year level and they all promise to be exciting!
Many, many thanks to the PTA for making this event possible. PTA is sponsoring the Discovery Dome visit using the funds we raised from the Art Auction!
What a week we had! It was a spectacular display of colour and imagination in the Lower Playground on Monday 13th March when everyone showed up dressed as their favourite book character, and it continued into the Hall for the opening Assembly and the character parade. And that was just the kick off for a wonderful week… read all about it here…
ESF 50th Anniversary Concert
Well done to the amazing senior choir for their excellent performance at the ESF’s 50th Anniversary concert on 17th March. They have worked so hard during lunchtimes, after school and at home learning 13 challenging songs in 2 part harmonies and they performed with enthusiasm, talent and energy. We are all very proud of them.
Senior Ukulele Club
(Year 5/6 & Selected Year 4) – Term 3
In term 3 there will be a senior ukulele club on Friday lunchtimes (1245-1:25) for students in yrs 5 and 6 . As year 4s have been studying ukulele as part of their music programme , they will not need an extra club but a few of the more advanced players in this year group will be invited to join. No need to sign up … just turn up. Teachers and parent helpers are also welcome. (All levels including absolute beginners)
I am sorry I am unable to offer a junior ukulele club at this stage but if I find anyone who would like to start one up, I’ll let you know.
The Peak School Running Club (Year 3 ~ 6)
For almost ten weeks in all kinds of weather, the faithful and dedicated runners of the Peak School Year 3-6 Running Club have been amassing significant mileage while running along Homestead Road. While running, they have been focusing on their pace, steady breathing and a relaxed running style. With each passing week runners have been able to run further and further while in some cases increasing their pace. During their run, parent volunteers and teachers have been steadily recording each runners distance or running along to give encouragement and support. As a group the total distance run by all the runners was 2,245 km.
Congratulations to all the runners for a great effort.
The students would like to thank all the parents for supervising, recording, pacing and encouraging all them all throughout the season.
After School Activities in Term 3