Peak School’s latest newsletter is available to read now. Find out the latest news around the school and upcoming events.
I am delighted to report that 3 of our ex Peak School students have recently been announced as Student Heads and Deputy Heads at Island School. Daanyal Ebrahim and Natasha Mather are both Heads and Kaven Wijeyekoon is the Deputy head.
That is 3 out of the 4 Student Head positions at Island School going to ex Peak School students. This does not surprise me as I am constantly being updated regarding just how well our students are doing at their respective High School regardless of where it is in Hong Kong and indeed the world.
In my blog this week, which you can access by clicking HERE, I cover the following:
- War on Plastic – an update on the war, as well as useful links to help you at home
- The Rise of the Tech Giants – an interesting 5 minute video highlighting the changes on the “15 wealthiest companies” list from 2001-2018
- Social Media Reminder – our advice is that children of this age should not be on Social Media, if you do allow access please ensure they are well supported and supervised
- Definition of Quality Learning – CIS have challenged all CIS schools to come up with a definition of what quality learning actually means. We have developed our own for Peak School and would like your feedback.
- Peak School Assessment Policy – a copy of our updated assessment policy which covers assessment, recording and reporting.
Have a great weekend and thank you for your continued support.
Year 2 Excursion @ HKPA
Thank you to all the families who joined us for the first community gardening day last Sunday. It was a misty day but we had a lot of fun planting potatoes and zucchinis. Peak School families and friends are all welcome to join every Sunday any time between 8:30 am – 11:30 am.
Thank you to all the parents who have donated pots to us. If you have pots to donate, please feel free to bring them to school. We accept all shapes and sizes as long as they are not plastic.
We’re all set for our next gardening day with our pots and soil and seeds. We hope to see you on Sunday!
Key Dates in Term 2
Please click HERE for the updated version of Key Dates in Term 2
Please click HERE for the details of the library news
ESF Primary Choral Concert 2019
Date: 4th April 2019
Venue: Queen Elizabeth Stadium, Wanchai
Please refer to poster for event and ticket details
ESF Chinese Talent Show 2019
We are happy to announce that the Chinese Talent Show is coming back in May and would like to invite all ESF primary and secondary students to join the event.
Event Date: 18 & 25 May 2019 (Sat)
Registration Deadline: 10 March 2019 (Sun)
Participants: Primary & secondary students of age 5-16
Venue for Primary Groups: ESF Kennedy School, ESF Quarry Bay School, ESF Renaissance College, Australian International School Hong Kong
Venue for Secondary Groups: ESF Renaissance College
The Chinese Talent Show includes individual and group events. There are 2 competitions groups under individual events: “Native Chinese Speakers” and “Non-native Chinese Speakers”. Each group is further divided into different age groups and each participant can choose up to 4 competition items of individual events. Group event is limited to one group per school with 4 to 6 students in a group and participants are grouped according to their age only.
For details of the competition, please visit the website by click HERE.
For online registration and fee payment, please click HERE.
Butterfly Lovers Chinese Drama
After School Activities