Peak School’s latest newsletter is available to read now. Find out the latest news around the school and upcoming events.
It was lovely to see so many parents at our recent sports days enjoying watching their children run around having fun. Kellet House won the Year 3-6 Sports day for the first time in 5 years. This means, to the best of memory, that all the Year 6 children attending their final sports day at Peak School last Friday have either won it in Year 3, 4, 5 or 6. We could not have planned it any better!
In my blog this week, which you can access by clicking HERE, you can view the following:
- Parent consultations reminder – bookings are open on Gateway
- SCMP Article – plastic in seas surrounding HK has increased 11 fold in 3 years
- Staffing – an update on staffing for next year
- Assessment Policy – provided for your reference should you want to know more about how we assess, record and report.
- Teaching and Learning Policy – Peak School’s definition of High Quality learning for your reference and input.
We have our IB/CIS Evaluation visit next week which means we have 8 guests from around the world ensuring we meet the large number of IB and CIS standards. All of our staff will be extremely busy next week so please appreciate we may not respond, to your enquiry, as quickly as we would normally do. The visit kicks off on Sunday with a midday welcome on the lower playground. My thanks to the parents, including the PTA, who have indicated they will attend on Sunday to meet and greet the visitors.
Have a great weekend everyone and thank you for your continued support.
Key Dates in Term 2
Please click HERE for the updated version of Key Dates in Term 2
Hong Kong Flower Show
Vice Principal / PYP Coordinator
Earth Week Preparation : Calling for Volunteers!
This may, Peak School will celebrate Earth Day with several hands-on actions. All actions are related to the well-being of our school campus but easily replicable outside if we feel like. A good Earth starts at home!
Please visit those pages to get a sneak peak on those actions: Earth week 2019.
Some actions are requesting for volunteering parents. Please contact us if interested. Here are the details :
- Door-step clean-up : Tuesday 30 April. Volunteers can offer only one hour up to the entire day.
- Fauna-Shelter challenge : Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday. Volunteers with wood-working knowledge welcome. Volunteers can offer only half-day to several days.
- War-on-plastic mini-fair : Tuesday 30 April, afternoon. The idea of the mini-fair is for our community members to share the skills learned during our war-on-plastic and climate change. This can be doing our own eco-household cleaner, waxpaper, yogurt or organising the most attractive staycation for our family. Such exchange will be fun for sure! If you are keen to lead a workshop on one of this skill, contact us!
Cyber-Safety Presentation – ‘Growing Up Online’
Dear Peak School Parents,
I know a number of you have received this invitation from ESF to attend the Cyber-safety Presentation – ‘Growing Up Online.’
If you choose to allow your child to have their own internet/LTE connected mobile device, computer or social media account, it is highly recommended that you attend this presentation.
Mixed Field Hockey Seeding Tournament
Thanks to a window of sunshine last week the Mixed Field Hockey Team was able to participate in the annual Seeding Tournament at Sandy Bay. The team has been working very hard since January and was eager to test themselves against other International and ESF Schools. With every game the team played better and better improving their positional play, use of space and putting pressure on the ball. By the end of the tournament Peak had drawn with Bradbury (0 -0) beaten DBIS ‘A’ (5 -1), beaten ICHK (2 -0), beaent Sha Tin Jr. (3 – 0) but lost to GSIS ‘A’ (3 -1) and Kennedy ‘A’ (3-0).
Congratulations to the following players for a great tournament: Harry Hattam, Finn Ramachandran, Esther Cook, Shina Tamaki, Kaylee Ng, Sophie Aranha, Adrian Lau and Nicholas Chan. The players would like to thank Mr. and Mrs. Tamaki for coming and supporting the team throughout the day.
Please click HERE for the details.
Thank you to Chloe and Emily in 2R for donating money and seeds to the gardening club. Emily donated money as her birthday treat to the school and Chloe had some spare seeds she wanted to share. Thank you both girls for helping to support Peak School Garden. Little gestures mean so much for our environment.
ESF Primary Choral Concert 2019
Date: 4th April 2019
Venue: Queen Elizabeth Stadium, Wanchai
Please refer to poster for event and ticket details
PTA Annual General Meeting
After School Activities in Term 2